Sunday, October 11, 2009

Whoosh Shower Jelly

Lush says: Have you noticed the way that time speeds up as deadlines approach? 'Whoosh' is the sound they make as they rush by. To slow time down, what you need is a Whoosh shower, with its ultra-refreshing essential oil blend of the citruses (plus lemon, lime, and grapefruit juices) with revitalising rosemary and balancing geranium, which we put in there to wake you up a bit, but not too much. Excellent for overcoming jet-lag.

I just started to come to love Lush's shower jellies, at a bad time too because Lush is/has discontinued many of their shower jellies, with only three left: Whoosh, Joy of Jelly, and Sweetie Pie. I am really disappointed because I really wanted to try The Big Calm. I received Whoosh as a sample from my favorite SA, who stuffed the whole sample they had on the floor in a tiny little tub. The sample consisted of about 7 good-sized pieces.

See, like many others, I used to think that the shower jellies were a waste because they just ended up going down the drain. Now I pre-cut the jellies into small pieces and I squish them in a loofah. Yeah I know, it defeats the purpose, but it really makes the jellies more efficient. I am not left with the tight and dry feeling I get with the soaps, but my skin feels super soft and moisturized after using the jellies.

The color of Whoosh is a pretty translucent blue, and it smells mainly of grapefruit. The consistency of Whoosh is actually a lot harder than the other jellies (correct me if I'm wrong, maybe it's because it's been sitting in my drawer before I finally decided to use it), so this one would probably not break up as easily as the other ones. Still, I like to squish Whoosh in my Loofah. It creates a really good lather, and the scent is amazing if you like citrusy scents. The other day, I woke up so groggy that I placed Whoosh right under my nose in the shower, and inhaled deeply. Wow, that sure did it. The scent actually reminds me of Sexy Peel soap without the sweetness that Sexy Peel has. I really love the shower jellies and I hope they decide to make more!

For those of you who don't know yet, the Christmas items are out, including 2 jellies: Snowshowers and Strawberry Santa. I ordered the Snowshowers during the Fanfare Chat Party on September 30th, and I can't wait to try it! I may stay away from the Strawberry Santa because it seems like everyone hates it and claims that the smell is fake. Maybe when it comes into the stores, I'll sniff it first before I buy it.

No comments:

Post a Comment