Monday, November 9, 2009

Mermaid Water

These two items have been sitting in my drawer with the rest of my Lush items for the longest time. I finally took the courage to take them out and use them. In a hotel tub. Because I was afraid I would have to clean up a mess at home. Anyway, you must be asking: What is mermaid water? And which two items make mermaid water? For you long-time Lushies, I'm guessing you already know. Mermaid water is actually pretty famous and I even see the SA's in the Lush stores advertising with mermaid water. Now let me show you the enchanting mermaid water and what it is made of:


Here is the first item: Sunny Side Bubble Bar. Lush says: These glamorous bars turn your bath water into liquid gold. Sink into the glowing white bubbles and revel in the sparkling gold water while inhaling blissful sweet orange, lemon and tangerine essential oils. This glorious bar will help you see the sunny side of things even when you're feeling gloomy. Emerge refreshed and revitalized.


This picture does not show what it looks like in real life. Hopefully, you can see the gold swirls in the picture, but in person it looks like molten gold lava. I usually break my bubble bars in half, but I just used the whole thing for this bath because I didn't really feel like saving it, and for once I wanted to go all out!


I picked up some of the bar that didn't melt all the way and smushed it in my hands. Looks like gold paste.


And here's the second item to make mermaid water: Big Blue Bath Bomb. Lush says: "If only the whole ocean smelled as good as the Big Blue bath bomb, how fragrant and pleasant the world would be. We sprinkle each bomb with Atlantic sea salt crystals and infuse them with seaweed to soften and nourish the skin, giving you a beautiful beachy glow. The combination of its intoxicating lavender and lime smell, bright blue color, and soothing sea salt and seaweed make you feel as cool and collected as if you're on a beach vacation listening to the waves and watching the sunset."

Well, I don't know if it gave me a beachy glow, but because I only had half instead of a whole, it turned the already gold water greenish instead of blue. Here's what happened when I dropped the thing into the water:




When I showed my boyfriend these pictures, he said, "Eww, sewage water!"

And here is mermaid water without flash:


With flash:


Isn't that gorgeous? With a whole Big Blue bath bomb, the water should have been a more turquoise color, but even with half, it's still beautiful. It really is like bathing in an ocean with the sun shining down on you. The scent is pretty strong and it definitely stays on your skin after the bath. It smells kind of floral-ish with hints of citrus. The water was so, so silky. With all the glitter in the Sunny Side Bubble Bar and the seaweed from the Big Blue, I was afraid that I would have to clean up a mess at home, which is why I took it to a hotel.


This is what the tub looked like after the water was drained. Surprisingly, the glitter just rinsed right out with the shower. I definitely want to buy the Big Blue again just to try it by itself. The half that I used was a sample I received from a goodie bag at a Lush store party.

4 comments:

  1. I am a huge Lush fan and actually haven't heard of mermaid water, but I oh so love it! I must. go. buy. big. blue. again. Already have sunny side..which is not permanent unfortunately :(

    Thanks for sharing and taking pictures of the process. LOVE your blogs!

    You're the best!

    ReplyDelete
  2. haha u finally decided to take a mermaid water bath XD told u it was good =D

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha, it's been sitting in my drawer for so long.....

    ReplyDelete
  4. How cool, I just found your blog and like your haul pics. I never heard about this Mermaid water despite being a fan for 5+ years. I need to try this cocktail next!

    ReplyDelete